Thursday, May 12, 2011

Before Class

I'm getting ready for school today. My six year old son wanted to ride his bike to Grandma's house. I said wait five minutes and she'll be here to pick you up. He went out side to wait, so I thought.  My mom arrives and he is nowhere to be found.  I called his name hoping he would hear me and come running home.  I waited two minutes hoping he was just riding his bike around the block.  I called a mom whose son I watched yesterday, hoping he was there. He wasn't. I had to leave for school.  My mom said she would drive around to look for him, thinking he rode his bike to her house.  On my way to school, I thought, call the neighbor.  I called Carol, she answered, "he's here." What a sigh of relief.  I'm also mad.  Experiencing mixed feelings of: why did he run off, glad he's o.k., is not what I needed right before I leave for school.  I'm thinking I can't be late...There's a quiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment